A fantastic opportunity to join one of the most successful teams at Sowerbys.
A rare and exciting position has become available for an Area Valuer at our Dereham and Watton offices.
The successful candidate will earn a very competitive starting salary, dependant on experience, and will be joining one of Norfolk’s most respected estate agencies.
If you have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, are obsessed by customer service and want to go above and beyond to support your clients and colleagues, we want to hear from you.
Sowerbys is a multi-award winning, highly successful independent property group covering the beautiful county of Norfolk with nine unique offices.
Our heritage brand resonates nationally, and we are acclaimed for our customer service and innovative approach to technology.
We put people and property together and believe passionately in the communities we serve. Having grown significantly over the last 30 years we employ a committed team who share our values: honesty, expertise, passion, and integrity.
We have a great team ethos across the company and very low staff turnover rates which is testament to Sowerbys being a great business to work within.
For more information, please visit www.sowerbys.com
• Previous minimum 2-years’ experience in a listing role and must have a proven track record.
• Confident and polite telephone manner. You’ll need to always exceed our customers’ expectations.
• Confident by nature and enjoys meeting people and conducting market appraisals on their homes.
• Mature approach to work. We need someone who can hit the ground running and work independently.
• A genuine and proactive team player; always willing to help others and go above and beyond when required.
• Ability to prioritise workload and operate in high pressure situations.
• A positive and fun can-do attitude
You will be expected to carry out all aspects of a property valuer role including: arranging and attending market appraisals and working closely with our marketing department to ensure we produce the very best marketing literature for our clients’ properties.
The valuer will help drive new property listings for the offices by working proactively at all times whilst carrying out their work in a compliant and diligent fashion.
You will also be expected to deliver an exceptional customer experience and be the flag bearer and brand ambassador for Sowerbys when meeting people; always ensuring we provide a Sowerbys standard of service to our clients.
The ideal person will ideally:
• Have previous experience in valuing and listing in mid-Norfolk.
• Possess a good understanding of the local area, community and geography.
• Be polite and have a professional telephone manner.
• Be well presented.
• Speak fluent English.
• Be of an honest and trustworthy nature.
• Be highly self-motivated.
• Be used to working on their own and being extremely organised.
• Have a minimum 2 year experience in listing and valuing property.
• Be confident talking to others: both clients and within the team
• Enjoy working to targets.
• Be a willing participant in company training courses.
• Have had some experience selling and listing new home developments.
• Be innovative in your approach; bring new ideas to the team to continue to make Sowerbys stand out from competitors
• Put the brand first; encourage the best standard of service in your colleagues by setting an example
Most of the time you will work remotely and be valuing properties in the Dereham and Watton area.
You will have two bases to work from in our stunning recently refurbished Dereham office and our satellite Watton office. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8:45am to 5:30pm and every other Saturday 9:00am-3:00pm with a day off in lieu granted. You will need to be able travel to the office but there is free parking a short walk away.
Why should you apply?
• Very competitive starting salary dependant on experience.
• Holiday of 28 days which increases at long service milestones to a maximum of 32.
• Enrolment into a company profit share incentive (after being with the business a full year)
• A company car or personal allowance.
• Qualification and training opportunities.
• Secure role with opportunity for progression.
Are you ready to apply?
If so, please send a copy of your CV and an accompanying letter explaining why you would be the best candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you soon.