Are you sure you want to delete your account?
You have indicated you do not agree to our terms of use, do you wish to delete your account?
Login
person
lock_outline
Why not sign up?

You will also be registered for the agent to contact you via other means you provide, with information relevant to your property search.

Register
There was an error creating your account, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact us and we will investigate.
Password does not match
How would you like to be contacted?

Local businesses supporting communities

Published: 09/04/2020

During times like these, community is so important. We thought it would be nice to highlight just some of the local businesses offering their support through different initiatives.


Black Shuck Gin, Fakenham



Black Shuck, a local gin company based in Fakenham, who in early February began looking into the processes involved in using its ethanol to make hand sanitiser. During the national shortage of the product, the company distributed over 2000 x 250ml bottles and 100 x 5 litre containers to key workers. They decided that this would not be a money making venture but an opportunity to help the local community, hence why 75% of the product is being sold at cost price, whilst the remaining 25% is being donated to charities and those unable to pay for it.

Find out more about the great work they are doing here.


Fakenham Academy 


Fakenham Academy have been doing a fantastic job of making PPE masks with their 3D printers and distributing them to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn, alongside other local health services.

You can see updates on this on their Twitter page.


The Kings Arms, Shouldham


The Kings Arms pub in Shouldham have been putting fresh vegetables and eggs outside every day for those in the village who are unable to get to the shops at the moment.


Food4Heroes



A group of local pubs; The Old Bank Bistro, Snettisham, The Neptune Inn, Old Hunstanton, and The Duck Inn, Stanhoe have all been making food using meat kindly donated from E.H. Prior & Son's Dersingham to deliver daily, nutritious meals to NHS front line staff in collaboration with Food 4 Heroes.

You can check out their website here, where you can find information on how to either volunteer or donate. So far, they have raised almost £100,000 and delivered 6,400 meals!


Downham Home & Garden



Downham Home & Garden, based in Downham Market, put together food parcels for NHS workers to show their appreciation for the hard work they are doing to keep us all safe.


Arbuckles, Downham Market



Although temporarily closed, Arbuckles restaurant has collaborated with a local Covid-19 community group to re-allocate their resources by setting up a new service to help the group get essential grocery supplies at cost price to those in need.


The Rose of India, Attleborough



Rose of India, an Indian resturant based in Attleborough, are offering free meals every day to NHS staff and Police during this time.


These are, of course, just a handful of local businesses doing great things for the community, if you know of any more and think they deserve a shoutout, then please do let us know!