Described as a ‘landmark of social history’, The Old Wireless Station is situated on top of the closest hill to RAF West Raynham and was first constructed in 1939 at the outbreak of World War II.
It was built in order to provide vital communication links between the station and its squadrons of Bristol Blenheims. The building has a reinforced concrete roof, showing that it was built to last and survive.
With the ever-changing technological changes by the end of the war, The Old Wireless Station had served its purpose and so was sold off by the MOD as a redundant building.
Following this it was home to a succession of horses, due to it being used as a stable block for several years, before it was eventually abandoned to mother nature.
That was, however, until its current owner discovered it and began its marvellous transformation.
The wonderful historic building has been finished to a high specification throughout whilst retaining the character of its military origins. For instance, the property retains its WW2 perimeter fence and gates, as well as many of its historic features; from the exposed roof beams, original art deco tiling inside to the wireless mast supports outside.
The accommodation now briefly comprises a spacious reception room, kitchen/dining room opening out into the garden, three spacious double bedrooms and a master bedroom with balcony.
The property also benefits from its remote and peaceful location, as well as the fact it is situated within 1.6 acres (stms) of grounds that are accompanied by beautiful countryside views.
Find out more here.