Are you sure you want to delete your account?
You have indicated you do not agree to our terms of use, do you wish to delete your account?
Why not sign up?

You will also be registered for the agent to contact you via other means you provide, with information relevant to your property search.

There was an error creating your account, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact us and we will investigate.
Password does not match
How would you like to be contacted?

Background Image

Frequently asked questions

Using a lettings specialist allows you to totally relax and create a professional distance from your tenants. Legislation can be very complex and has changed significantly over the last few years with lots of reform on the way. The risk to landlords and penalties can be significant whilst our unique approach to marketing will often achieve higher rents.
We recommend having an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) completed which last 5 years. 
The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989 & 1993) provide that specified items supplied in the course of letting property must meet minimum fire resistant standards. In practice, items that comply will have a suitable permanent label attached. 
Yes, Sowerbys are members of the Safe Agent Scheme which ensures client money protection. 
All landlords need to pay tax on rental income both in the UK and abroad. For more information click here 
If we manage the property or collect the rent for you then we will provide the tenants with a standing order. When we receive cleared funds we will arrange for a BACS transfer direct into your nominated account and provide monthly statements of account. 
Unless you have stated these as inclusive of the rent then tenants are responsible. 
All our passed references come with 12 months legal cover. However, we always recommend taking our rent and legal protection policy. Whilst every effort is made to minimise risk should the worst happen then legal proceedings are followed to evict the tenant. 
An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) confirms the efficiency of energy within the home. All properties rented need one before marketing and they last 10 years. As from April 2018 it has now become compulsory that all properties rented must have an EPC rating of 'E' or above.
Landlords have the obligation to confirm their tenant’s right to rent in the UK by certifying original copies of ID. 
We always strongly recommend having a comprehensive inventory. This details the condition of the home and allows for successful claims against the damage deposit if required. Without an inventory the chance of being able to claim for damages drastically reduces. 
Yes, you will need to let them know and make sure you have a landlord specific buildings policy. 
The tenant is responsible and the condition will be recorded on the inventory. When the tenant leaves they will be expected to leave in the same order as they found it. 
Smoke alarms are required on every floor of living accommodation and carbon alarms present for anything that burns a solid fuel including open fires and log burners. 
For fully managed clients you will be provided with your own dedicated property manager to take care of you, the property and your tenants. We will look after all repairs and maintenance issues on your behalf with our team of professional and qualified contractors. To report a maintenance issue please click here.