Top Moving Tips
Selling and moving can be a difficult process, but hopefully our tips will help take away some of the stress.
1. As soon as you know you are moving, get rid of anything you don’t want. Consider if you will use it/wear it again and if the answer is ‘no’, sell it or give it away.
2. If you are planning to use a removal company, get quotes in. We can recommend some reliable companies to you.
3. Once you know the moving date confirm it with the removals company or organise suitable transport and some friends and family to help you.
4. Check you are insured for any possessions you are moving yourself
5. Consider hiring professional cleaners to give your new home a thorough clean before you move in.
6. Organise childcare for moving day, especially if you have younger children – also for any Pets (make sure tags/chips have the new address)!
7. Get all keys and instruction manuals together along with any other useful information for the people moving into your property.
8. Use the floorplan of your new home to pin point where things will go, useful for your or your removal company.
9. If you are moving yourselves, pack everything in manageable, easy to lift boxes and detail which room they are going into. Remember smaller is easier.
10. Re-direct post, cancel milk or newspapers etc. Register with a new GP if you are moving area.
11. Contact everyone else who needs your new address – friends and family, work, bank, schools etc.
12. Once you have moved, concentrate on getting the bedrooms ready for sleeping first – everything else can wait.
13. Order food and toast your new home!
"Just wanted to say we were very happy with the way Sowerbys handled the purchase of Fourways. Helen (from your Dereham office) pulled out all the stops and did everything to help us. Full credit to her. She was brilliant. You are more than welcome to visit us if you are in the area. I would definitely recommend Sowerbys to friends and family who would be interested in buying or selling a property. Other than that, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and all the staff at Sowerbys a Merry Christmas and a very good New Year. Kind Regards Florence Arklie "