4 Bedroom Detached House Sold STC
BRANDON HOUSE Brandon House is an exceptional, one of a kind, contemporary property located in the secluded Wensum Valley. Designed by award-winning architect, Anthony Hudson, the house is filled with versatile spaces that embrace open-plan living and make the best of this stunning location.
Brandon House is a truly unique property due to its large elevated plot and spacious accommodation extending to 2,443sq.ft. It has been designed with an open-plan feeling in mind, creating a wonderful social space throughout the large kitchen/dining and sitting room. However, it also provides great versatility due to the additional two reception rooms; a private snug and home office including a striking corner window. Completing the ground floor accommodation is a separate utility room and shower room with WC. The first floor is accessed via an ash staircase with glass balustrading in front of a full height window covering both floors. The impressive principal bedroom includes generous fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room. There is a guest bedroom suite and two further double bedrooms, served by a large contemporary family bathroom.
Externally, the property is finished with an elegant mix of blended red brick and timber cladding with natural slate roof, painted doors and generous glazing throughout, designed to maximise light, space and capitalise on the unique woodland setting.
EXTERNALLY Outside includes a superb wrap-around south and west facing sandstone terrace, making the most of the afternoon and evening sun and creating a perfect space for al fresco entertaining. The plot also includes two distinct landscaped garden areas, separated by a willow fence with a view to the cricket pitch beyond. The plot also includes its own large private driveway providing parking for several cars and a detached double garage.
ROOM DIMENSIONS GROUND FLOOR
- Kitchen/Dining - 6.8m x 5.1m (at widest point)
- Utility Room - 2.8m x 1.8m
- Sitting Room - 6.8 x 4.4m
- Study - 2.8m x 2.6m
- Snug - 4.0m x 2.8m
- Master Bedroom - 6.8m x 3.9m
- Bedroom 2 - 4.4m x 4.0m
- Bedroom 3 - 4.3m x 2.7m
- Bedroom 4 - 3.4m x 2.8m
PARKLAND SETTING Set in a secluded spot, surrounded by lush parkland and close to the River Wensum, Park Avenue has the feel of a secret garden. Reached via a private driveway, the six homes are positioned behind generous front gardens and individual drives, with all plots enjoying large rear gardens. Park Avenue is conveniently close to Taverham village, and only 15 minutes from Norwich.
NORWICH Set in the heart of East Anglia, the city of Norwich has everything you could wish for from a vibrant, regional capital, including a strong sense of history preserved. Enjoying a modern, cultural feel, Norwich encompasses beautiful architecture, dynamic nightlife, sophisticated shopping, regular literary and arts festivals, plus a fantastic range of bars and restaurants. Chapelfield Shopping Centre offers a great mix of high street shops, while in contrast the Norwich Lanes won Great British High Street of the Year 2014, in recognition of its many independent businesses, including shops, bars and restaurants.
The most complete medieval city in Britain, Norwich's heritage includes two stunning cathedrals and a castle; with the River Wensum flowing through the city, boat rentals offer sight-seeing rides through the heart of the city or else it can be enjoyed from the many pubs dotted along the riverbank. Every year in May, the city hosts the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, which brings a variety of acts and performances to the city. Voted in the top 10 within a poll of the happiest places to live in Britain, the Cathedral City of Norwich offers access to all the major rail links and Norwich International Airport. There are also a number of sought-after schools and colleges within the city and it is home to the University of East Anglia.
The city is located approximately 40 minutes from the delightful North Norfolk coast - a coastline offering Outstanding Natural Beauty and lots of lovely things to do.
SPECIFICATION KITCHEN AND UTILITY
- Stylish, contemporary kitchen units in pale grey.
- Carrera marble quartz work tops in Kitchens and Duropal with 100mm up-stand in the Utility Rooms.
- Splash back above Kitchen units in antique mirror panels.
- Appliances - 800mm wide Bosch ceramic induction hob and 2 single Bosch ovens side-by-side. A fully integrated Bosch fridge/freezer and Bosch dishwasher.
- Vado chrome contemporary style mixer taps in the Kitchen and Utility Room.
- Stainless steel under mounted 1.5 bowl sink to the Kitchen, with a grooved drainer set in the quartz worktop. Stainless steel, over mounted single bowl sink to Utility Room.
- Quooker Nordic boiling water tap.
- Floating oak shelves above the kitchen worktops, with LED lighting strips rebated to underside.
- Integrated waste bin with recycling facility.
- Dual Fuel heated towel rails to all Bathrooms and En-suites.
- Duravit contemporary style white sanitary ware in Bathrooms and En-suites.
- Vado Zoo chrome brassware.
- Contemporary 'Back to the wall' toilets with soft close seats and a chrome flush plate.
- Chrome, 30.5cm diameter fixed shower head, with control panel and secondary hand-held hose in Master En-Suite.
- All other Showers on riser rail.
- Fully tiled shower enclosures with low profile shower trays and recessed shelving to Master En-Suite.
- Merlyn glass shower doors or screens.
- Large format ceramic tiles in soft grey to walls and floors.
- Fitted mirrors to Master Bedroom En-Suites to Plots 1 & 2 and Bedroom 2 En-Suites to plots 3-6.
LIGHTING, ELECTRICAL AND BROADBAND
- A mixture of downlights, up lights, wall lights and pendants. Dimmer switches to Living Room.
- Wall lighting to Master En-Suite.
- TV points to Living Room, all Bedrooms and Snug.
- BT points to Kitchen, Living Room, Master Bedroom, Study and Hall.
- Pre-wiring for customer's own connection for Sky Plus TV in Living Room and Master Bedroom.
- External socket at rear of house.
- Attractive, contemporary style external lighting to front, rear of house and garage.
- Sensor lights positioned by garage doors and all personnel doors to each plot.
- Garage electric, up and over roller doors.
- Electric socket for car charging point.
- Alarm spur provided for future alarm connection.
- Socket provided in a ground floor cupboard, where possible, for cordless vacuum cleaner charging.
HEATING AND WATER
- Mitsubishi Ecodan, Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) serving all hot water and underfloor heating to ground floor and radiators to the first floor.
- Fireplace, with natural limestone hearth, fitted with a wood-burning stove to Living Room.
- External tap to rear of each property.
WINDOWS AND DOORS
- Bespoke, double-glazed aluminium windows, painted in a homage to Farrow & Ball's 'Mouse's Back.'
- Painted horizontal panelled front door and glass side panel.
- Fully finished Shaker Oak 4 panel internal doors, with chrome contemporary handles and hinges.
- Bi-Fold patio doors to Living Room and Kitchen/Diner to all plots.
- Patio door to Plot 1 Snug.
- French patio doors to Plots 3-6 Snug.
- Built in wardrobes with chrome hanging rail and shelf to all plots as per floor plans.
- Fitted 'walk-in' wardrobe dressing rooms to all Master Bedrooms and Bedroom 2 of plot 1.
- Hardwood and glass staircase in a white, limed finish to all plots.
- Engineered grey, smoked oak floorboards to Hallway and Kitchen/Dining Rooms, also to Living Room in Plot 2.
- 100% wool carpets to Living Room, Study, Snug and all Bedrooms, with exception of Plot 2, which has timber floors in Living Room.
- 'Limestone' affect tiles to Bathrooms, En-Suites and Utility Rooms. Ground floor WC's in stylish, geometric tiles in neutral colours.
- Dark, grey coir mat well to the front door.
- Walls and ceilings in heritage Crown Classic Collection, 'Tottington White' & skirtings and architraves in 'Belgrave Mill'.
- Walls and ceilings in emulsion, skirtings and architraves in satin finish.
- Square edge contemporary style skirting and architraves.
GARDENS AND BOUNDARIES
- Turf to front garden, plus planted beds, hedges and trees. Communal areas and rear gardens are prepared and seeded.
- Boundaries are a mix of close board fencing, hand woven willow fencing, hedges, park railings and post & rail fences.
- Large format 'Sahara' multi sandstone terracing and paths to each garden.
- Bin storage area to each plot.
ENERGY EFFICIENCY RATING The property will have a SAP assessment carried out as part of building regulations when completed.
WEBSITE TAGS New home, new development.
PROPERTY REFERENCE 32514
AGENT'S NOTE Please note internal images are from a previous development and are for representative purposes.
No EPC available for this property
Other properties you might be interested in
Heacham Road, Sedgeford, Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36
£749,995 Offers over
Ipswich Road, Tasburgh, Norfolk, NR15
Guide Price £750,000
Pit Road, Northrepps, Cromer, Norfolk, NR27
Cromer Road, Hunstanton, Norfolk, PE36
Church Street, North Creake, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21
Guide Price £695,000