Stamp Duty Calculator
If you buy a property or a piece of land over a certain value in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, then you have to Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT). The current SDLT threshold is £125,000 for residential properties or land with full planning permission and £150,000 for non-residential land and properties.
You pay must pay the Stamp Duty tax if any of the following apply:
- You buy a freehold property
- You buy a new or existing leasehold property
- You buy a property through a shared ownership scheme
- You are transferred land or property in exchange for payment e.g. you take on a mortgage or buy a share in a house
- You pay Stamp Duty on increasing portions of the property price above £125,000