Top Moving Tips
Selling and moving can be a difficult process, but hopefully our tips will help take away some of the stress.
- As soon as you know you are moving, get rid of anything you don’t want. Consider if you will use it/wear it again and if the answer is ‘no’, sell it or give it away.
- If you are planning to use a removal company, get quotes in. We can recommend a reliable company to you.
- Once you know the moving date confirm it with the removals company or organise suitable transport and some friends and family to help you.
- Check you are insured for any possessions you are moving yourself
- Consider hiring professional cleaners to give your new home a thorough clean before you move in.
- Organise childcare for moving day, especially if you have younger children – also for any pets (make sure tags/chips have the new address)!
- Get all keys and instruction manuals together along with any other useful information for the people moving into your property.
- Use the floorplan of your new home to pin point where things will go, useful for you or your removal company.
- If you are moving yourselves, pack everything in manageable, easy to lift boxes and detail which room they are going into. Remember smaller is easier.
- Re-direct post, cancel milk or newspapers etc. Register with a new GP if you are moving area.
- Contact everyone else who needs your new address – friends and family, work, bank, schools etc.
- Once you have moved, concentrate on getting the bedrooms ready for sleeping first – everything else can wait.
- Order food and toast your new home!